Thursday, March 29, 2007

NIH Kirschstein F31 procedures

I've been getting a ton of calls about procedures for the NIH F31/Kirschstein awards. Kim E. Barrett, the Dean of Graduate Studies, is the signing official on all predoctoral fellowships. (Postdocs should see Jennifer Oh in Research.) Her contact information can be found here. For UCSD's DUNS and EIN, OCGA has a Vital Information webpage here. I arrange for Kim Barrett's signature, so you can bring your documentation to me on the 2nd floor of 518 University Center until this Wednesday, April 4, at which point OGS will be closed until the 9th for relocation to the Student Services Center.

In order for the dean to sign off, all of your other signatures need to be in place first. Additionally, if you do not already have a eRA commons login, you need to contact Sara Kaup in OCGA to obtain one. To spare Sara the spam, I'm not going to post her email address here, but please look it up in the directory. I can't approve your application unless you have one.

School of Medicine students should see Kerry Nare about their signatures. I can only have the dean sign off on applications for students enrolled at UCSD's General Campus.

Hope this clears up some of the FAQs. Please contact me if you're still having trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home