Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fulbright-Hays (finally) releases application

It's October 10, and Fulbright-Hays has just released its FY 2007 application.

The competition deadline is Nov. 15, which is the date by which I have to send completed electronic applications through the ed.gov system. Since I need to review them first, that means that our UCSD deadline will be Nov. 10, one month from today. All of your recommendations, statements, language reports, etc. should be uploaded by then. As you can see, I'm leaving a slight margin for error, just in case there's a problem with delinquent evaluators, recommenders who decide suddenly to leave the country, massive systems failure, etc. Don't use it.

UCSD has no internal selection process for the grant, and my review is purely administrative. My best advice on F-H is that you carefully read every single page of the application, and strictly adhere to the guidelines (particularly the page limits). This is the federal government, and it's best to think of it as a faceless, merciless organization that will not tolerate mistakes, even when accompanied by sniffles and heart-wrenching stories of poverty and oppression.

As usual, I'm happy to look over proposals and offer whatever assistance I can, although matters of content should be referred to your academic advisors. Look for more updates here as I get questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home